Even though it’s still cold, spring is here. I see the crocuses and the daffodil shoots aiming toward the sun, a sun that feels warmer on my cheeks than just a month ago. When I awaken early, the birds are singing their spring song, and I am reminded of the continual renewal around me; a wheel that keeps turning whether I acknowledge it or not.
Soft curving melody, bird song lifts my morning mood.
Yes, I know it’s Tuesday. It’s been a tough week for meditation practice. When the moment came each day, it seemed like everything, er, anything, was more important than doing it. What’s going on here?
I’m going to approach answering that question keeping the larger commitment I’ve made to myself – out of which Meditation Monday grew – to treat myself with as much compassion ( = love) that I can stand. Here goes:
- “What’s going to happen when the 100 days are over?” I’m hearing that I’m in the car, when I wake up, before I sit to meditate… ahhh…there it is. Ahead of myself. Expectations. Thinking I have to know something I don’t know yet.
- And, there’s a hint of sadness, too. Will something be lost when the commitment 100 Days 100 Breaths is over? I can sense the desire to rush in and protect myself from feeling it. Hello there default mode.I see you.
- Truth is, I don’t know what this is right now, I only know what I think it is from before. I can go there and watch it with 100 breaths.
I’ll go now.
How’s it going for you?
If you like what you read, please share it. Thanks.
Want to ask a private question? email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related articles & photo credit:
- photo detail from Breathing by Anne Lindberg at the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art
- Meditation Monday Day #43: Who Knew Meditation Was So Sneaky?
You might want to check out moveintochange.com too. That’s where there’s info about coaching and coaching with me. Go… and then go forth and tell your friends. Thanks.