An ongoing list of Sweet Projects About Revealing Keys
On this list are things I know sustain me that I want to make sure I keep doing. There are those items I suspect will spark new energy but haven’t tried at all, and then there are the ones that have potential if I did them more. Also on the list, those things that got me going in the past but went into hiding. Oh yeah – and some of it scares me.
“Start with a spark, turn it into a flame, time for a change, there’s no one to blame…” words to a winter solstice song written by children at the Mead School years and years ago and sung to this day.
The 2013 version (so far):
- Music – going to see it live
- Dance – improv class, 5Rhythms, all around the house
- Stay up late (see music)
- Make soup
- Cook a steak
- Focus with a partner
- Send goofy emails to Adman
- Call my sisters
- Write all my To Dos in metallic colors
- Create then laminate
- This one is a stand-in*: go without my glasses
- Make new friends
- Say no to tabasco sauce – also a stand-in*
- Walk in the cold
- Steer clear of wheat without being rigid about it
- Examine stuff, give back what’s not mine, find others who can use what’s not wanted, get rid of the rest- yes, all meanings implied
- Read poetry
- Move through the day, each day, filled with purpose
- Learn Spanish
- Do push-ups
- Dress up
Have you noticed those glimmers- those things, people, activities, and ideas that have the potential to warm you, give you glow, energy, and hope for change? What’s on your SPARKs list?
* Stand-in: Some topics feel too personal to share. Enter the stand-in. In the movies, the stand-in substitutes for the real actor during technical aspects of filming or as a body double.